EQVALAN GOLD is the broadest-spectrum dewormer that combines two active ingredients ivermectin and praziquantel to provide comprehensive, broad-spectrum parasite control for your horses and is registered to control 70 species and stages of equine parasites including tapeworms and bots. That’s more than twice as many as the product you may be using now.
Controlling parasites is an essential health care measure for your horse. Damage can take place when parasites do any of the following:
- Attach to tissue in your horse and consume blood.
- Migrate through intestinal walls to nearby organs and vessels.
- Block passages in the digestive tract or arteries supply blood to the gut.
- Controls the most parasites.
- Effective against tapeworms.
- Long lasting - suppresses egg output for 8 to 10 weeks.
- Effective against small strongyles, including those resistant to benzemidazole.
- Treats bots at both the oral and gastric stages.
- Convenient – one tube treats horses up to 600 kg.
The Importance of Controlling Tapeworms:
Tapeworms are a particular concern with your deworming program. Studies have shown they are present in 80% of horses. However their eggs are seldom seen in fecal examinations even in horses shown to be heavily infested.
Tapeworms have been implicated in several forms of colic, some of which are life-threatening. In fact, colic and other intestinal problems are frequently cited as a leading cause of equine mortality and parasites are widely recognized as a major cause of colic.
The key time to treat for tapeworms are April, May and June and October, November and December.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions you may have regarding these wormers.
PLEASE CALL FOR CURRENT PRICES