Designed by Dr. B. Watson, DVM., these all natural herbal supplements have been meticulously researched and purposefully blended to combat the most common issues facing our horses today. The herbs and herbal preparations that we offer at First Place Feeds are designed to provide the necessary nutritional supplements not only to help your horse deal with some of the health difficulties and stresses which cause your horse to perform, look and feel at less than an optimal level but will also help prevent many of these problems from developing. This is not done as a medicinal cure so much as simply allowing these herbs to provide important nutrients that your horses' body requires.
Dr. Watson has taken the standard of using Lactobacillus Acidophilus as an aid to digestion and enhanced it with herbal preparations to improve efficacy. When dealing with digestive issues, attention to liver detoxification becomes critically important. This is further supported by the addition of B vitamins which help the appetite and also function to cleanse the liver.
- Alfalfa provides Vitamin K as well as providing the digestive enzymes of lipase(fats), amylase(starch), protease(proteins), emulsin and invertase(sugars), pectinase(cell walls), cellulose(fibre).
- Garlic for its many benefits not the least of which is its ability to get rid of unwanted bacteria in the bowel
- Dandelion is used to help with detoxification of the liver and kidneys
- Fennel and Fenugreek are both well recognized in the herbal field for their strengths in dealing with indigestion
- Milk Thistle is considered the premiere herb for liver cleansing
- Methionine is included to provide a sulphur-containing amino acid which is a potent liver detoxifier